Education & Experience Required
• Perform day to day accounts operations and activities to ensure they are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting & budgeting.
• Lead the preparation of Audits & Monthly reporting for Management, Shareholders & MOG (Internal, External and Cost Recovery) and ensure timely delivery while maintaining good relationship with the stakeholders as required.
• Lead and review all the monthly, quarterly & year-end process and reports, the cost analysis report and co-ordinate with Finance & Budget teams for analyzing the variances within the deadlines.
• Reviews & approve all accounting transactions with reconciliations, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, and analyze the processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
• Manage all aspects of local regulatory relationships in terms of taxation, financial reporting, cost recovery and compliance reporting.
• Develop and maintain internal control, effective accounting system and policies for the department. Create or revisit the processes in order to improve financial efficiency. Establishes system controls for financial systems and develops procedures by coordinating regularly with ERP IT team on creating and enhancing financial reports & systems.
• Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives and submission of correct Value of Work Done
• In the absence of the finance section head, should manage the team to ensure smooth operations.
• Assisting in other tasks such as handling the Company Insurance process, Staff Motivation, Training, Appraisals & Annual Leave plan.
• Following all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times.
• Coaching Omani nationals as directed by Management.
• Supporting Finance & Accounts Manager with respect to ad hoc responsibilities / work, Provide assistance to the Finance Director regarding all aspects of the financial Management and control of other areas of the Company as required
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
• ACCA or CPA is preferred.
Minimum Work experience:
• Must have minimum 8 years of experience in financial and management accounting particularly in Oil and Gas industry.
• Computer skills, EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT
• Working experience in Oracle system is highly regarded.
Other Job Details