Social Investment Specialist
Corporate & External Affairs
Education & Experience Required
• Assist in coordinating activities and other high-priority programmes designed to engage with external stakeholders, such as the media, local community or sponsors, under guidance of more senior members of the team.
• Research and draft newsletters, articles and other information to influence external opinion of BP's operations, and support crisis response strategies such as reactive statements (as applicable).
• Provide administrative support to team members and plans, organises and promotes meetings, presentations and requests for information from external stakeholders.
• Support the development of recommendations for new programmes, activities or communications that reflect relevant local research and best practice.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders and liaises with internal functional teams as necessary to execute programmes/activities.
• Reporting to the Social Investment Manager, support the annual Request for Proposal, identifying partner organisations to implement programmes in line with BP Oman’s social investment strategy
• Oversee day-to-day management of social investment programmes with implementing partners
• Support other company initiatives (e.g. local content strategy) which contribute to social performance management, as required.
• Ensure effective and timely execution of the Social Investment Strategy (local and national) accounting for business risks, operations and community development requirements.
• Plan, monitor and evaluate initiatives, adopting a pragmatic and efficient delivery model, and ensuring project objectives, KPIs and plans are clear and deliverable and key social indicators are tracked (e.g. grievances).
• Support and guide Social Investment Advisor to manage relationships across BP functions (e.g. Global Projects Organisation, Procurement and Supply Chain, etc.) and with external stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, NGOs/CSOs, implementing partners) to advance initiatives.
• Working closely with communication team to identify the opportunity and success stories of social investment programmes.
• Support annual budget cycle (e.g. cost forecasting, tracking, reporting, review and approval of social development activities including social assessments, studies, and technical expertise).
• Open for Omani nationals only
• Bachelor degree
• 5 years of relevant professional experience in successfully creating and implementing social investment and community development projects, ideally in oil and gas sector
• Demonstrates experience in managing non-technical risk, key stakeholders and business relationships in a challenging environment
• Successful management of multiple projects at the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a variety of audiences and cultures
• Proven analytics and organizational skills with rigorous attention to detail
• Excellent judgement, problem solving and diplomacy skills
• A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude, able to work well under pressure, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
• Ability to effectively create and manage budgets, projects and complex schedules
• A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to make a difference
• Understanding of international standards on responsible business practices (e.g. IFC Performance Standards on Social and Environmental Sustainability, Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights)
• Experience in designing and executing communication strategies in corporate social responsibility would be considered beneficial
Other Job Details