Business Services Assistant
CC Energy Development
Education & Experience Required
• Play an important role in the development and evolution of the 2020 Budget. Budget to be prepared in accordance with approved time schedule.
• Budget workbook to be in progress at the same time as the budget and capture budget changes clearly.
• Al least once per month budget tracker to be issued. Track expenditure by Field and publish regular updates and circulate to management team.
• Log requests for BVR’s and track their approvals and adjust budget cost codes accordingly. Ongoing BVR register to be maintained and the budget impact for all BVRs assessed. AFE to be prepared and filed. Ensuring industry standard cost control practices and techniques are applied at all times
• Ensuring that Value of Work Done is performed for all services and allocated correctly to its respective cost elements
• Maintaining comprehensive cost records for all departments in the Operations Directorate
• Tracking Actual Costs and Forecast Costs against Budget
• Reporting Actual Cost vs Budget and Forecast Cost vs Budget variances
• Assisting with the pre-approval of supplier invoices
• Notifying the Finance Team where costs are to be reallocated between cost codes/wells/departments and ensuring these transfers are booked correctly
• Inputting Service Receipts for all Operations Directorate work completed for Value of Work Done purposes
• Providing budget and forecast information as and when required
• Maintaining and developing the Operations Directorate Cost Breakdown Structure
• Ensuring procurement to payment process is maintained, including ensuring PO’s/Contracts are in place together with SR’s/GRN’s to allow for 3 Way Matching of all invoices
• Sole source procurement documents are to be processed on an emergency basis only and monitored
• Report monthly on contract status and budget spend/limit.
• Record in the Invoice Transmittal log all invoices received by the operations department, track for timely approval, communicate directly with supplier as necessary and raise invoice dispute communications within 3 days (if all supporting documentation available) and follow up and close out within 14 days.
• Identify areas of cost savings and communicate this by email to business services manager along with a very short explanation of how the cost saving can be put into practice
• Recommend call off contracts for materials and services regularly consumed and with the agreement of operations and maintenance colleagues prepare scopes of work and tender strategies. Suggest appropriate max and min levels for materials.
• Monthly performance reviews, MOG and NED presentations to be prepared as per the required time schedule. Consultation with all directorate departments to ensure slide content is correct, reviewed and approved.
• Register of all field contractors personnel and equipment to be regularly reviewed and corrective actions taken in advance of expiry of security pass or certification
• Diploma in (Account ,Business Administration ,Faience, Economics) or equivalent required, college degree preferred
• At least 3 years in a Finance or Cost Controller Role preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Experience in Business services related tools, software, ERP, Excel
• Good knowledge in Preparation of MIS reports. Actual spend v/s Budget
• Excellent analytical skills, good commercial acumen
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Team-player mentality
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
• Innovative thinker with a positive attitude
• multi-task oriented
• ability to prioritize
Other Job Details